Sunday, July 27, 2008

Moving Sucks

I never understand these people who say "I can't wait to move in to my new place. It's gonna be such a nice change of pace."

If by "change of pace" you mean I usually sit around and watch SportsCenter for 6 hours, and now I'm going to have to pack up at least three rooms of my house; carry boxes, televisions, furniture and other assorted items up and down a flight of stairs; and unpack that same stuff which two days earlier was already in a situated place; then yes, I can't wait for this "nice change of pace".

But since moving does involve the aforementioned things, minus the SportsCenter watching, I think it can be declared that it sucks. Maybe these people who claim to love moving so much should offer to move my stuff for me, free of cost obviously.

My roommate and I briefly considered the possibility that our new neighbors would jump at the opportunity to help us move in; by help I mean do it all for us. Unfortunately, we had no takers. There's always next year's move...

No comments: