Friday, December 26, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time

Merry Christmas to all!

Christmas is such a wonderful holiday. I love buying presents for people. Some people like to say that Christmas isn't about the presents, it's not about the material things. I humbly beg to differ.

Christmas may not have it's roots in the PlayStation 3's or digital cameras we receive, but the giving of presents is an important component to the holiday. If a gift is bought and given out of love excitement for the joy it will bring, the meaning of Christmas is fulfilled.

So yes, maybe we shouldn't focus on asking for that hot new DVD, or the hottest pair of shoes on the market, but that doesn't mean we can't buy those things if we someone wants them, if we believe it will make them happy. The giver receives joy by seeing the face of the person they purchased a gift for. So it all comes full circle.

I can't wait to finish my Christmas by exchanging gifts with my girlfriend tomorrow. Britney Spears concert tickets should go a long way towards bringing her Christmas joy.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Christmas is such a wonderful holiday. I love buying presents for people.

Me, too! I don't expect my gift recipients to think of me every time they use my gift(s), but I do like to know if the people I bought those presents for liked them. Especially if I can't see the face of the person who received the gift.

You have a very interesting and thought-provoking blog. Thanks for letting me read your ideas.