Saturday, February 13, 2010

Making Amends

I can't figure out for the life of me what tomorrow is. I know it's an incredibly important day, but it continues to elude me. It's even worse, because I distinctly remember forgetting about this day last year too, but I still can't remember why tomorrow is so important.

I got it! I remember now.

Happy Birthday Grandpa Bud!! Sorry I missed it last year, but I hope this one brings another great year of the 3 F's: food, fun, and family.

In actuality, I forgot another important occasion on February 14th last year: Valentine's Day. Part of Most of the reason I forgot about this "important" "holiday" is because it's really not that important to guys. My argument last year was pretty much why should one day mean so much if you attempt to treat your special lady great every day of the year.

Boy did I learn my lesson. I pulled out all of the stops this year, short of dropping a couple thousand on a plane ticket for her or me so that we could be together. It sucks that we're apart. I really wanted to see Valentine's Day. (Does anyone know HTML coding for force-vomit?)

More power to all of you guys back home. I don't envy the role you are about to undertake in T-minus 20 or so hours. Still, maybe my girlfriend's different. Maybe she would have been content with a nice dinner at Texas de Brazil and a game of putt-putt. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

To be honest, I really wish we were together. I'm glad I don't have to be put on the spot about going to that movie, but maybe we could have worked out some kind of equal trade. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

There I go again thinking this day was about sharing time together. Nope, Valentine's Day has become the woman's fourth birthday, behind her actual birthday but ahead of Christmas and the anniversary. But would I give all of this insanity up? Not ever.

♥♥ Happy Valentine's Day Valerie Rohan! ♥♥

No comments: